27 Valuable Tips to Sell Your Home Fast and For Top Dollar
Because your home may well be your largest asset, selling it is probably one of the most important decisions you will make in your life.
To better understand the home selling process, a guide has been prepared from current industry insiders called 27 Valuable Tips For Selling Your Home For Top Dollar.
You will discover how to protect and capitalize on your most important investment, reduce stress, and be in control of your situation to make the most profit possible.
Here is a list of those tips. We encourage you to continue reading them all in the report below.
What Are the 27 Tips to Help Sell My Home for Top Dollar
- Understand Why You Are Selling Your Home
- Keep the Reason(s) You Are Selling to Yourself
- Before Setting a Price – Do Your Homework
- Do Some “Home Shopping” Yourself
- When Getting an Appraisal is a Benefit
- Tax Assessments – What They Really Mean
- Deciding Upon a Realtor®
- Ensure You Have Room to Negotiate
- Appearances Do Matter – Make Them Count!
- Invite the Honest Opinions of Others
- Get it Spic n’ Span Clean and Fix Everything, Even if It Seems
- Allow Prospective Buyers to Visualize Themselves in Your Home
- Deal Killer Odors – Must Go!
Continue Reading below for the full report on the most awesome tips you need to know to help you sell your home for the most amount of money possible.
27 Quick & Easy Fix Ups to Sell Your Home Fast and for Top Dollar
1. Understand Why You Are Selling Your Home
2. Keep the Reason(s) You are Selling to Yourself
3. Before Setting a Price – Do Your Homework
Setting Your Home’s Sale Price
If You Live in a Subdivision- If your home is comprised of similar or identical floor plans, built in the same period, simply look at recent sales in your neighborhood subdivision to give you a good idea of what your home is worth.
If You Live in An Older Neighborhood – As neighborhoods change over time each home may be different in minor or substantial ways and you will probably find that there aren’t many homes truly comparable to your own. In this case you may want to consider seeking a Realtor to help you with the pricing process.
If You Decide to Sell On Your Own – A good way to establish a value is to look at homes that have sold in your neighborhood within the past 6 months, including those now on the market. This is how prospective buyers will assess the worth of your home. Also a trip to City Hall can provide you with home sale information in its public records, for most communities.
4. Do Some “Home Shopping” Yourself
5. When Getting an Appraisal is a Benefit
Sometimes a good appraisal can be a benefit in marketing your home. Getting an appraisal is a good way to let prospective buyers know that your home can be financed. However, an appraisal does cost money, has a limited life, and there’s no guarantee you’ll like the figure you hear.
6. Tax Assessments – What They Really Mean
Some people think that tax assessments are a way of evaluating a home.
The difficulty here is that assessments are based on a number of criteria that may not be related to property values, so they may not necessarily reflect your home’s true value.
7. Deciding Upon a Realtor
8. Ensure You Have Room to Negotiate
9. Appearances Do Matter – Make them Count!
10. Invite the Honest Opinions of Others
The biggest mistake you can make at this point is to rely solely on your own judgment. Don’t be shy about seeking the honest opinions of others.
You need to be objective about your home’s good points as well as bad.
Fortunately, your Realtor will be unabashed about discussing what should be done to make your home more marketable.
11. Get it Spic n’ Span Clean and Fix Everything, Even If It Seems Insignificant
Scrub, scour, tidy up, straighten, get rid of the clutter, declare war on dust, repair squeaks, the light switch that doesn’t work, and the tiny crack in the bathroom mirror because these can be deal-killers and you’ll never know what turns buyers off.
Remember, you’re not just competing with other resale homes, but brand-new ones as well.
12. Allow Prospective Buyers to Visualize Themselves in Your Home
13. Deal Killer Odors – Must Go!
14. Be a Smart Seller – Disclose Everything
15. It’s Better With More Prospects
16. Keep Emotions in Check During Negotiations
17. Learn Why Your Buyer is Motivated
18. What the Buyer Can Really Pay
19. When the Buyer Would Like to Close
20. Never Sign a Deal on Your Next Home Until You Sell Your Current Home
21. Moving Out Before You Sell Can Put You at a Disadvantage
22. Deadlines Create A Serious Disadvantage
23. A Low Offer – Don’t Take It Personally
24. Turn That Low Offer Around
25. Maybe the Buyer’s Not Qualified
26. Ensure the Contract is Complete
27. Resist Deviating From the Contract
Real Estate Agents Will Help You Sell Your Home for More Money
When you choose to work with Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty of Florida we will give you free home seller resources and guarantees to help you avoid any legal problems.
Give one of our expert real estate agents or call us at 888-449-9474 or complete the form below for more information.